Fossil Footprint Tour
@ Gansfontein pre-historic footprints paleo
In this tour you will:
- Experience the thrill of walking with fossils that roamed the earth some 255 million years ago.
- See their footprints
- See pre-historic mud features.
- See prawn, worm and snails trails
The tour is 2 hours long, self-drive
- Early mornings and late afternoon is better, especially in summer.
- The footprints are more highlighted by the shade made by the sun.
- Best photo opportunities are at sunrise.
We meet at our office, 47 Voortekker Street, Fraserburg – see map.
We drive 4 km to the paleo (pre historic rock surface), of which 2km is good gravel road.
At the Gansfontein Paleo site you will get a short introduction and explanation of the forming of this paleo site.
YOU WILL EXPLORE:
- Pre-historic pool edge marks
- River downflow marks
- Bradysaurus footprints
- Freshwater prawn marks
- Snail Trails
- Abandunt diictodon footprints
- Well-preserved Anteosaurus trackway
- Flea larva’s gracing patterns
- Pre-historic water hole
- Worm burrows
- Mud cracks and Dinocephalian footprints
- Your own humanity
- And more…
We then go back to town to the Old Pastorie Fossil Museum for a guided tour.
- A life like bradysaurus example
Fossils of a:
- Bradysaurus skull
- Fish fossils
- Some examples of “to be touched” fossils.
COST: SA CITIZENS
- R250 per adult
- R100 per child
COST: NON SA CITIZENS
- As per quotation
- EFT : FNB
ACCOUNT NAME : M J KRUGER
TYPE : SAVINGS
ACCOUNT NO : 62427077608
BRANCH CODE : 270350
Make a booking online, using the form below, or at 084 873 0098