Fraserburg Museums Tour
@ Fraserburg Town
In this tour you will:
- Discover the Historic Buildings of Fraserburg
ABOUT THE TOUR
- The tour is about an hour and a half long,
- We meet at the Ou Pastorie Museum, Fraserburg – see map.
- This is a guided tour with passion and lots of interesting information
- This is a walking tour
THE MUSEUMS TOUR
- OU PASTORIE MUSEUM
- It was built in 1861 as the parsonage for the preacher of the Dutch Reformed Church
- The Museum consists of 7 rooms housing different historical exhibitions, such as a living room, sleeping room and kitchen
- CORBELLED HOUSE
Used as housing by pioneer farmers
The Pepperpot (Die Peperbus) is a well-known landmark in Fraserburg and was designed and built as an office for the Market Master in 1861 and stands 8.5m tall.
- HISTORICAL CEMETERY
The historic cemetery is the source of many interesting stories.
- See the grave of the young Dr. Olaf Manson who died sadly after he was bitten by a snake.
- If you dare, stand under the TREE of DEATH.
- Wonder why there is a lovely pond.
- See the graves of the first war crime of the 20th century.
- Stand still at the grave of Olive Schreiner’s sister 7 children.
COST: SA CITIZENS
- R100 per adult (min 2)
- R50 per child (From 3rd child: free)
COST: NON SA CITIZENS
- As per quotation
- EFT :
ACCOUNT NAME : M J KRUGER
TYPE : SAVINGS
ACCOUNT NO : 9307910640
BRANCH CODE : 632005
Make a booking online, using the form below, or at 084 873 0098